Monday, November 30, 2009

The Apostle Paul Part VI: Hard Questions

I am not a biblical scholar.

I am a woman who loves the Lord and enjoys studying and learning.

I struggled with Paul's directives regarding women and the modern church's policies currently in place and attributed to Paul.

I wanted to develop my own, personal opinion regarding Paul, the Bible, and my God-given role.

It is not my intention to offend, incite, or influence anyone.
I'm a writer. It's a gift God's given me. It only makes sense that I write down what I've discovered ... and what I've decided to personally believe.


PAUL:

  • Do you agree or disagree with Paul's directives in the Bible?
  • What was Paul's ultimate mission?

YOU:
  • Can you support your opinions logically? Factually?
  • Do you only embrace those things that support your personal thoughts and opinions?
  • Do you have specific criteria in which you base your beliefs on?
  • What determines who you trust?
  • How do you decide what you will believe in and what you will reject?
  • What are your standards for validity and truth?
  • What is your ultimate goal in this life?
  • What is your ultimate purpose in this life?
The Bible:
  • Do you read the Bible?
  • Do you study the Bible?
  • Do you pursue questions that you have regarding the Bible?
  • Do you believe the Bible is inspired by God?
  • How is your personal, spiritual foundation influenced based on your perception of the Bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment